What is the Heat Deposit?
Our charges consist of 2 elements – a Fixed charge and a Unit Charge. The Fixed Charge pays for the upkeep of the network, including the Heat Interface Unit (HIU) that delivers heat to your apartment or property. There’s no boiler for you to buy or maintain, so it’s important that this charge is paid whether or not your property is occupied.
There’s a risk that a property left unoccupied and then sold may leave part or all of the Fixed Charge unpaid. This is why, on completion of your purchase, we take a small deposit of £100. It prevents any liability for unpaid charges being passed on.
The deposit will be immediately returned when you sell your property (assuming all charges have been paid).
- What is the Heat Deposit?
- Can I pay by Direct Debit?
- How do I set up an account?
- Can I top up over the phone?
- Can I top up using cash?
- How much does my heat cost and how is the heat price determined?
- What is the standing/fixed charge?
- Can I see a record of my heat consumption?
- Will you send me a bill?
- I have lost my Heat ID card. What should I do?
- (90 KB) Heat Deposit Leaflet Oct 2016.pdf