What is Loka?
Loka is a District Heating Network dedicated to Greenwich Peninsula. We generate heat and supply it to your home’s heating and hot water systems. Our network removes the need for you to own, maintain, insure or replace a traditional boiler. The heat we provide is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; you simply pay for what you use and for your connection to our network.
Simply put, a District Heat Network consists of:
1. An energy centre that converts fuel into heat.
2. Insulated underground pipes that transport heat to your property.
3. A Heat Interface Unit (HIU) that transfers heat from the network into your heating system.
- What is Loka?
- Do I have to get my heat and hot water from Loka?
- How can I be sure that the price I pay is fair?
- Does Loka provide my electricity too?
- Is Loka responsible for all of my home’s heating and hot water?
- What is an HIU?
- Who is responsible for the HIU?
- Will I have to pay if my HIU breaks?
- What are the benefits of a District Heating Network?